Hudson Valley Karate, owned and operated by Master Peter Antonelli, was established in 1994. It is located in Wappingers Falls, NY and also serves the communities of Poughkeepsie, Hopewell Junction, LaGrangeville, Fishkill, and Beacon.
A certified 5th Dan Master Instructor, Master Antonelli has studied martial arts for 20 years, dedicating himself to the Tang Soo Do style. Sa Bom Nim Antonelli began his training in Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan, studying with Masters D. Southerton, H. Y. Seo, and Kwan Jhang Nim H. C. Hwang, son of Kwan Jhang Nim Hwang Kee. He is involved in many community activities and the school actively participates in fund-raising for various community organizations.
Hudson Valley Karate is an owner-occupied, stand-alone 7,500 sq-ft building in the Town of Wappinger, right next door to James Evans Elementary School. Classes for children and adults are offered six days a week; our school is open from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Monday through Friday and from 9:00 AM to 12:00 noon on Saturday. Hudson Valley Karate has three spacious training floors, men's and women's locker rooms, and a fitness room with cardio machines and weight training equipment. Ample parking is provided.
At Hudson Valley Karate, we place a strong emphasis on discipline, respect, and high moral code as well as developing students mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally.
Our purpose is to serve the people in our communities by spreading the benefits of martial arts, and helping our students to be productive, successful and healthier individuals. This we will do with enthusiasm, persistence, and passion.
1. Provide the highest level of service to our students and their families.
2. Always be courteous and professional, with the student always being our top priority.
3. Care about doing every part of our work as well as it can be done, and taking pride in all we do.
4. Help and support one another at all times, and seek innovative solutions to the challenges we face.
5. Strive to keep our traditions and reputation for high quality, while consistently making it better.
6. Take pride in our personal appearance and provide a safe, clean classroom for our students and guests.
7. Serve as positive role models for the students, and constantly display the ''moo do'' (martial spirit) attitude.